Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Goodreads Summer Reading Olympics *2014*


Alright, guys. The Page Turners is hosting Reading Olympics on Goodreads...for the FIRST TIME EVER. Let's make it incredible!

The 2014 Summer Reading Olympics will start on August 1st with the Opening Ceremony. 

Here's a full schedule of the Games.

If you'd like to be an athlete, you pick a country (USA, Japan, Germany) OR a fantastical place (Narnia, Middle Earth, Cobbogoth) to represent and compete for...but you need to have at least 4 other people choose the same place you chose in order for that country to enter the Games.

If you'd rather just watch, there's a spectator stand (uh...sort of) that you can join. Hey, why not, right? 

As a spectator, you won't have to worry about committing to a team if you don't have time, but you can still cheer on whatever team(s) you'd like! 

At the moment, I'm still on the fence about whether or not I want to be an athlete (I'm 24...but who cares. I love games. *shrugs off judgment*)...mostly because I'm just so busy. But if I choose not to be one, I'll definitely be a spectator. 

The Rules:

1) No cheating. Obviously. I mean, did I even need to mention that one...?

2) Keep up with the scoreboard and event times :), and try to take home the gold! 

3) Have fun!

So. Are you ready to enter the Games?!

Tell your friends (both in cyberland and real-life :-) and head on over to Goodreads to sign up!

May the odds be ever in your favor :D 
記憶したか。




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!