Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Hobbit: A Mini-Review

This past Day 5 (which is thursday for all those people who don't indicate days of the week by number), I went to see The Hobbit. (pause) WOOT!! :dances:

I didn't know what to expect. Sure, I had hopes that it would be nothing short of incredible--I mean, seriously, who wouldn't have such expectations after seeing any of the LOTR movies--yet hearing remarks about how some people had gotten sick while watching it made me a bit uneasy.

I couldn't recall anything in the book that was really that awful...except for the troll part. Or maybe the part where Bilbo meets Gollum. Or when the company finds themselves in Mirkwood surrounded by REAL giant man-eating spiders (as opposed to the ones that I call giant and man-eating...which would be every spider I've encountered in the last 5 years or so regardless of its actual size and dietary inclinations).



Anyway, I am happy to say that the only thing that made me sick was looking at the price of popcorn and drinks. We--anyone and everyone who is opposed to this ridiculous marketing tyranny--should riot about the inflation.

Other than that, The Hobbit was nothing short of excellent. There were a couple of spots that were odd, and a few parts where the background was blurry (the probable cause of sickness for other people). Worth every penny spent on tickets though :). I highly suggest.

Between now and my next post I am going to become more serious about having a theme or focus for my blog. It's just difficult when your interests seem very scattered...but I'll think of something to make it work ^_^. If I don't, no one is going to want to read my blog o_o. Hehe...heh ^_^'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!